- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
INVITATION I What to expect from the EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment? I 7 December
7. Dezember 2020, 10:00 - 11:30
Since the EU-China Summit in 2019, expectations had been swirling around that the China-EU Comprehensive Agreement on Investment (CAI) could/should/would be finalized before the end of this year. At the same time European Commission officials have reiterated time and again that substance must take precedence over speed.
As the year 2020 is moving closer to its end, we want to take a closer look at the state of play. We’ll analyse promises and risks of this investment agreement for the EU. With three excellent experts we want to discuss three dimensions in particular: Issues around market access and a level playing field. The sustainable development chapter. Investment protection provisions and mechanisms.
Please join our virtual event “What to expect from the EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment?” on Monday, 7 December from 10:00 – 11:30 CET.
We have invited the following experts:
- Jan Wouters, Professor of International Law and International Organizations, Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies, KU Leuven
- Alicia García-Herrero, Chief economist for the Asia pacific at NATIXIS and Senior Fellow at Bruegel
- Tim de Meyer, Senior Specialist from the International Labour Standards Department, Geneva
After inputs from the three speakers, we will open our interactive online format for a discussion with the participants. Please note that the number of participants is limited, we therefore recommend an early registration here
We look forward to discussing with you.