- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Authoritarian countermeasures to targeted sanctions: China’s and other autocratic responses
21. Juni, 17:00 - 18:30
The Open Dialogue Foundation, the Italian Federation for Human Rights and Freedom Kazakhstan Foundation invite you to attend an online event “Authoritarian countermeasures to targeted sanctions: China’s and other autocratic responses”.
The event will be live-streamed on Monday, 21 June 2021, 17:00 – 18:30 CEST on the Open Dialogue Foundation’s YouTube channel and, simultaneously, on ODF’s Facebook page.
During the event, our distinguished guests will gather to discuss Russia and China’s countermeasures in response to the EU’s first designations under the new Global Human Rights Sanctions Regime. Experts in the field, EU lawmakers and human rights defenders advocating for Magnitsky-type sanctions will also assess potential responses by other autocratic regimes sensitive to such targeted measures, including Turkey, Kazakhstan, and Belarus. Join us on Monday, 21 June 2021, 17:00 – 18:30 CEST on the YouTube channel of the Open Dialogue Foundation.
More information about the line-up of speakers and the agenda can be found below.
17:00 – 17:05 Opening remarks by Antonio Stango — President of the Italian Federation for Human Rights (FIDU), and co-founder of the Italian Helsinki Committee
17:05 – 18:15 Discussion with Members of the European Parliament, human rights defenders and experts:
• Lyudmyla Kozlovska — President of the Open Dialogue Foundation (moderator)
• Dolkun Isa — President of the World Uyghur Congress (WUC) and Vice-President of the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO)
• Dr. Aaron Rhodes — Senior Fellow at the Common Sense Society and President of the Forum for Religious Freedom Europe
• MEP Reinhard Bütikofer — Member of the European Parliament with the Greens/EFA and its Foreign Affairs Committee and Chair of the EP’s Delegation for relations with the People’s Republic of China
• Dr. Ugur Tok — Director of Platform for Peace and Justice
• Bota Jardemalie — Lawyer and Kazakhstani human rights defender
• Barlyk Mendygaziyev — Entrepreneur & Founder of the US-based Freedom Kazakhstan Foundation
18:15 – 18:30 The speakers’ interventions will be followed by a Q&A session. Participants can pose their questions in writing during the discussion.
Working language: English